The Ruger Precision Rifle is a highly configurable, in-line-recoil rifle with the kind of sub-MOA accuracy that puts more expensive rifles to shame. Every component has been carefully considered and precisely engineered…from the Multi-Mag Interface that accepts a number of different magazine styles, to the cold hammer-forged barrel, to the Marksman AdjustableTM trigger.
The Gen 3 version takes all the great stuff you loved about the Gen 2—and make just a few tweaks. First, the old KeyMod handguard has been replaced with a new lower-profile M-Lok handguard that gives you just a little more scope clearance for big optics—so if you prefer M-Lok, this is a nice change. The second improvement is a black nitride finish on the bolt, which replaces the stainless finish on the Gen 2 bolt. These aren't groundbreaking changes by any means, but why overhaul a good thing? Bottom line: it's still the RPR you know and love, but with a few shrewd improvements based on feedback from competitive shooters.
- Heavy-contour (.875" at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle Magnum Muzzle Brake with tunable compensator to effectively reduce recoil and muzzle jump.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable, with a trigger pull range of 2.25 to 5 pounds; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
- In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Ruger Precision MSR stock features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge accepts any AR-style stock. Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- 18" aluminum free-float handguard is black hard-coat anodized aluminum and features Magpul® M-LOK® slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories.
- Ambidextrous manual safety for left- or right-handed lever manipulation.
- 30 MOA Picatinny rail secured with # 8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- "Upper" receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body. Bolt body is nitrided for corrosion resistance, smooth operation and durability.
- Barrel can be replaced easily by a competent gunsmith using headspace gauges.
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip when bracing against shooting supports.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with a 5/16"-24 thread pattern for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the Ruger Precision Rifle Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud for easy striker channel cleaning.
- "Lower" magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard-coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° ambidextrous safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
- Handguard includes integral QD sling attachment points to eliminate the need for additional adaptors, a target-style flat bottom that improves stability and an integral bottom 1.50" dovetail that is compatible with RRS S.O.A.R. and similar QD systems.
- Also includes: two, 5-round AI-Style magazines.
- Caliber: .300 Winchester Magnum
- Capacity: 5
- Action: Bolt
- Finish: Type III Black Hard-Coat Anodized
- Stock: Folding, Adjustable, Length of Pull, and Comb Height
- Barrel: 26", Cold Hammer-Forged, 5R Rifling
- Safety: AR-Style Manual Thumb
- Trigger: Adjustable 2.25-5.0 lbs.
- Overall Length: 49" - 52.50"
- Folded Length: 40.35"
- Length of Pull: 12.70" - 16.20"
- Weight: 15.2 lb.