The Ruger Precision Rifle is a highly configurable, in-line recoil path, bolt-action rifle with outstanding accuracy and long-range capability. The Ruger Precision Rifle has a host of features that make this rifle one of the most hyped and talked-about precision rifles in recent memory:
- Medium-contour (0.75" at the muzzle) barrel features an installed thread protector with 5/8"-24 threads
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber
- Equipped with the Ruger Precision Short Action Handguard.
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four, #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities
- "Upper" receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion
- Three-lug bolt with 70 degree throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body
- In-line recoil path manages recoil direclty from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential
- Ruger Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with 5/16"-24 thread for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the bolt shroud for easy striker channel cleaning
- "Lower" magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability
- Patent-pending multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with M110, SR25, DPMS and Magpul-style magazines and AICS magazines (works with some M14 magazines)
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.; wrench conveniently stores in the bolt shroud
- Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45 degree reversible safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
- Caliber: 6.5 Creedmore
- Capacity: 10
- Action: Bolt
- Stock: Folding, Adjustable, Length of Pull, and Comb Height
- Barrel: 24", Cold Hammer-Forged, 5R Rifling
- Safety: AR-Style Manual Thumb
- Trigger: Adjustable 2.25-5.0 lbs.
- Overall Length: 42.25"-45.75"
- Length of Pull: 12"-15.5"
- Weight: 10.6 lbs.